Welcome to our blog!
We're pleased to announce the launch of our new musical...
“The Last Days of Buster Drumwright.”
Nan Gurley and Wayne Gurley have written the book/script. Nan, Jim Weber and Billy Sprague have written the music. Together, we've created a powerful and passionate score that will amaze and move you in the finest tradition of classical musical theater.
- We have a Facebook page(https://www.facebook.com/drumwrightmusical/)
- We’re on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/drumwrightmusical/)
- And Twitter (https://twitter.com/drumwright_show).
Visit our "Music" page to listen to samples of songs from the show. And our "Media" page to see our teaser video.
Even though the initial development phase for this show is complete, we’re actually just getting started. In the near future, we’ll been adding more information about our show as it becomes available.
Here are a few things you may find interesting about "Drumwright" the musical...
- It was adapted from a 1-hour television program that appeared on CBS in 1960.
- It features a rock-infused “Country Americana” score.
- It has a redemptive, life-changing story.
One more thing...
It's a a commercial theater project. In other words, we’re be seeking investors to move it forward and take it as far as we can. Our ultimate goal is to put it on stage in New York.
We know it’s a big dream. But we believe this show has what it takes to be a commercial success.
Interested in learning more? Then stay tuned.
All we ask is that you join us in cheering on this project in whatever way you can.
- You may wish to be an “ambassador” for this project and like our pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You may merely wish to encourage us as we move through the process of publicizing the show to a wider audience.
- You may know someone who you think might want to invest in the project.
- You may wish to invest in the project yourself.
Regardless of how you would like to be involved, we will sincerely and deeply appreciate whatever you are able to do.
We know one thing…
A project like this will require a large collaborative community of people who love theater and want to see great, redemptive stories told. So, the bottom line for us is – we’re grateful for all the friends we can get.
Until next time, thanks for reading. We look forward to updating you further in the coming weeks and sharing more about our plans for this project.
- Nan, Wayne, Jim and Billy